Friday, October 10, 2014

I'm stepping out-


Our children look up to us to teach them how to do life.  Their little minds are grasping everything we do and say.  They are watching the world and watching what we do with it.  It is up to us to teach them about Jesus, not with words but with our lives.  These two things can be so contradictory.

It's not just our children who look to us.  If we refer to ourselves as Christians, there are many people who notice our every action, reaction, and words. 

Titus 2:3-5...Older women are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not addicted to much wine.  They are to teach what is good, so they may encourage the young women to love their husbands and love their children, to be self controlled, pure, homemakers, kind, and submissive to their husbands, so that God's message will not be slandered.

I often pray for Jesus to break my heart for what breaks His.  I want to be fully aware of the world I live in.  I don't want to just do this life easy, I want to do it right.  I want my children to rise up and call me blessed {Proverbs 31:28} and I want Jesus to look at me each day and say, "Well done my good and faithful servant" {Matthew 25:21}.

As I have prayed this prayer, I have noticed my heart opening to realities and tragedies that I once just glanced at.  As I have become more aware of life, I have become more aware of my children and those around me really watching me. 

Jesus has entrusted much to our hearts.  What will we do with the knowledge and wisdom? 

Many, many, many things of Jesus are not politically correct.  It's time to decide if we want to be politically correct or Jesus correct.

Yesterday I heard a radio talk show host discussing the fallout of Christians.  He stated that numerous people would rather fall in line with the norm rather than speak out for Jesus.  Sadly, I believe him and even more sadly I can say that I, too, have been a bystander in that line at times. Convict my heart Jesus-

The talk show host asked a question to his listeners that really struck a cord with me.  He asked, "If you knew you would die tomorrow, how would you truly honor Jesus today?"

Wow-that question caused me to dig deep and examine my day to day life.

So I'm stepping out.  I no longer want to live life safely.  I'm making a conscious decision to stand for Jesus in all that I do.  I no longer want to be quiet when I should be loud.

May my children and all those around me see the fire in me placed there by Jesus - always and forever. 

Won't you join me?  It's a wild and crazy ride, but so worth it to fully and truly know Jesus and live for Him.

Hebrews 10:22...Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith-

xoxo