Thursday, November 20, 2014

I have a secret to share-



I have a secret to share and if I were a gambler {which I'm not.  If I'm throwing money away, it has to be on really cute shoes!} I would bet that it's your secret too.


I just want to be real and I want those around me to be real too.  Life can be hard enough without trying to be an actress all day long.  Let's take off our stage clothes and put on our yoga pants.  Let's get comfy in our skin and really live.


There, I said it!! 


Let's have a wall tearing down party.  What if we all decided to be who we really are rather than who we are trying so hard to portray?  What if we are honest about our insecurities and fears?  What if we own our failures and admit that we are hurting?


I feel badly for people who always have to appear to be perfect.  I know people who would rather eat dirt than admit they hurt.  My heart breaks for them.  Trust me, I know walls.  I have built plenty in my time.  I want those around me to know that it's ok.  Let's just be real and be honest.  When we hurt, let's not sugarcoat it.  Let's just own it, love on each other, and stand back up. 


Can you imagine how we could help each other??  I don't know about you, but I am always refreshed when I know someone is really human.  I'm not saying I want people to hurt or have bad days, but it sure is refreshing to know I'm not alone.


So in honor of the wall tearing down party, I am going to open up and share some of my fears and insecurities.  I hope they will encourage you to open up too. 


  • I worry every.single.day. about gaining weight.
  • I have been dropped by friends and it still hurts to think about.
  • I feel lonely sometimes.
  • There are days I wonder if I am doing anything God called me to do.
  • Some days I worry that I have passed my insecurities on to my kids.
  • At times, I worry my husband will be attracted to someone else and not be tickled pink when he looks at me.
Let's get this party started and really live.  Turn up the music, dance, and live for real!!  Let's be real purposeful in our real living-